Introducing the PLENUM community of practice
Plenum is a collective of community-builders centered on peer learning, mutual support, and friendship. We share resources–creative, intellectual, and practical.
Participants come from a variety of disciplines. We practice an agency-based approach to personal and community development.
Core beliefs and principles of action
- Respect for the reality of other people’s lives: their paradigms, priorities, identities, and actions.
- The defence of ordinary life: protecting and prioritizing the dignity of everyday activities and freedoms over any ideological objectives, grand plans, or -isms.
- Restoring the ‘landscape’ of equality: engaging in current efforts in a manner that redresses deeper inequalities.
Community of practice activities
- ongoing interpersonal dialogue
- convening occasions for peer learning
- publishing community voices
- celebrating collaborative projects